E-cigarettes are battery-operated electronic devices. E-cigarettes produce vaporized nicotine. Users inhale this vapor. It would feel exactly like inhaling tobacco smoke. But the major difference here is that it doesn’t produce smoke at all. They are also referred to as vape pens and e-cigs. If you look at the e-cigs advertisements you can see that most of them focus on its ability help you cut down or stop smoking. But such claims are not proven yet. When did e-cigarettes come into existence? It happened in 2004, in China. Today, millions across the globe are using it. Teenagers have been the major consumers of e-cigs. Studies have proved the same. As per the studies, most of the teenagers started with e-cigs instead of regular cigarettes. May be it has something to do with the convenience it provides.
Let’s have a look at some of the interesting e-cigarettes facts:
- E-cigarettes are meant to be the perfect replacement for regular cigarettes. It is convenient option. You don’t burn tobacco here unlike regular cigarettes.
- Advertisements suggest that e-cigs are helpful in quitting cigarettes. But there is no definite proof for this.
- E-cigs in appearance resembles to a regular cigarette, pen or a pipe. The best thing about e-cigarettes is that it is really reusable. You can continue to use the device by replacing the refillable cartridge. But you need to keep in mind that some models are disposable as well.
- A patent for a device was taken in 1963. But the actual device came into existence in 2004 only.
- A Chinese pharmacist invented e-cigarettes in 2004. But as of now there are close to 500 brands available in the market.
Understanding the working
- An e-cig in general constitute of a battery, heating element, electronic circuits, mouthpiece and cartridge. The e-liquid inside the mouthpiece will be vaporized by the heating element when you suck on it. Then you can inhale the vapor produced by the device.
- You can have a control on the content of nicotine as per your requirements.
- The mouthpiece is nothing but a cartridge. And it holds the e-liquid. You can refill the cartridge as and when you need it. You can also replace it with a new one.
- We have an atomizer functioning as the heating element.
- However, you need to have battery power for the heating element to function. Battery is normally rechargeable.
- There is a sensor inside the mouthpiece which signals the heating element to get into action when the user sucks on it. You will find an LED in it indicating the same.
- The solution inside the cartridge is known as e-liquid. It is also referred to as e-juice. This solution contains nicotine extract. It usually comes with a flavor. You will be free to choose the flavor you like. E-cigarettes are available in different flavors.
- E-cigarettes are cost effective compared to regular cigarettes. It is convenient as well. However, it will take a while for you to get adjusted to it. You need to be patient.