What makes an e-commerce (online) store successful?
The DO's and DONT's of a good online store
DO pay attention to the main elements involved when selling online:
- Navigation - Your online store must be easy to use, easy to navigate and easy to buy from. Customers need to find quickly and easily what they are looking for.
- Mobility - Your website must display properly on any mobile device, laptops, tablets, smart phones etc. A website which is not mobile friendly (not responsive) will rank much lower on search engines. Many potential customers will access your website on their phones - if your site does not display properly on their small screen the customer will move on and buy from your competitor.
- Information - Customers need sufficient information to satisfy their research. Most customers visit your website with the objective of researching. By providing clear images, reasonable pricing and content rich descriptions, your visitors can be converted from researchers to purchasers.
- Confidence - Confidence is a vital aspect for the success of an e-commerce website. Throughout all pages on your website, you should reassure customers of your website’s security, credibility and devotion to customer service.
- Support - Repeat business is important, not just in a physical store but also online; an exceptional level of support after sales is critical. If someone is satisfied with the price and quality of the product and service, they will return in the future – without researching competitors. Good sales support is usually as simple as setting up good communication mechanisms, and keeping the customer informed. Remember the 80-20 rule: 80% of your turnover comes from 20% of your customers.
- provide irrelevant information on your site which may distract the potential customer from the product(s) you are trying to sell
- upload huge images which slow down the loading of your website. Remember: not all customers are using a high speed internet connection
- clutter your online store with unnecessary buttons, images etc.
- provide direct links to other websites which may divert the attention of your customers away from your own site
- show advertisements of other businesses on your site, these advertisements may display your competitors ads
- use sloppy spelling or grammar, your site becomes less credible
Rest assured: iSO Network strives to get all work done according to our customer's requirements - we are always walking the extra mile, no ifs and no buts!